Friday, January 11, 2013

Overwhelmed!


I’m feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Christmas break was amazing; slept as long as I wanted, stayed up as late as I wanted catching up with old friends and just having fun with no worries for two glorious weeks. I woke up Wednesday the 2nd at 6AM and with a rude awakening that my break was really over and I was to start my second semester of nursing. Back to early mornings, long days of lectures in which I need large amounts of caffeine to stay awake and never-ending tests and quizzes and assignments. Oh and of course the 12-hour clinicals at the hospital on SATURDAYS.  OH and back to having no social life. Yippy skippy.

                The instructors had actually warned us before the break that we should have as much fun while we could because when we came back we would be thrown right back into the swing of things and, in fact, January and February would probably be the two hardest months of school of the year. Blah. I got a bad score on my first test of the semester and now I’m stressing hardcore because I want all A’s this semester so I need to kick my butt into gear.

                Today school was cancelled because of the snow (THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!) and so I have a little more study and homework time.  So that’s good. However, school is not the only thing weighing on my mind. My sister is getting married in two months and I’m the Maid of Honor and therefore in charge of the Bridal Shower and sending out invites and figuring out all these little details. I know I know it’s probably not that big a deal for most people but this is my first time throwing a bridal shower and it’s really got me stressed!

                Also, I have lots to do to prepare for going to Brazil. I know, I know, why stress about going to Brazil right? It’s going to be AMAZING and I cannot wait! Don’t get me wrong, I’m very grateful for the chance to travel, but there’s a lot of money and little details involved that have been adding to my stress. I’m at the point right now where I either randomly get really emotional for no reason, or my brain and body just kinda shut down and the only thing I do is sleep. I need better coping skills for all this stress haha. I’m once again putting certain things in my life on the backburner because I can’t handle a single thing more. Blah. 

No comments: