Monday, November 23, 2015

Be a hero, friends.

Lately it seems like the end of the world is near; with all the wars, bloodshed, hate, pride, abuse, natural disasters, the poisoning of the earth, and all of the absolute evil happening daily in this world. Its easy to feel helpless and hard to feel hopeful in such times as these. I want you all to know that I love you and I know how you feel. I always thought my soft heart and being an emotional person and caring too much was a curse because with those things came so much hurt and and anxiety, but that so-called curse is also my biggest strength in this life because I have the power to do a lot of good in this world and help a lot of people. I want to make this world a brighter place because of me. I always loved Sailor Moon and Buffy the Vampire Slayer growing up because it was all about badass women doing their part in the world, they were fighting for good on the daily. I wanted to be such a hero. I’d sacrifice myself for another in a heartbeat. I truly believe in real evil my friends but I also believe in the good and the charitable and all those special souls who’d give their life for someone else. They deserve your hope. I love the quote from Mr. Rogers, "When I was a boy and saw the scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.' Fear is thrown at us on a daily basis, but eventually fear will lose. Fortunately, I consider myself a pretty fearless person...except for spiders and baby corn. Put me in the amazon rain forest and i'll swim carefree in the water, ill go hanggliding over Rio de Janeiro and go on one of the world's most dangerous hikes in China and through all of this i'll be on cloud 9, but throw a spider at me and i'll break down into a hysterical, karate-chopping mess. The point is, stop focusing on the bad and dwelling on the dark, negative things in this world. Try to focus on the helpers, the good people, the heroes. You can actually train your brain to be more optimistic and happy by doing this. So take that step towards being a hero and a light in someone's life and be the difference in the world. Be brave friends. Take a second to realize you need to really look at yourself and love yourself and give yourself some credit. Only a group of like-minded people can save the world, and, in my opinion, your single decision to do and be good is actually helping save the world. You are a hero. <3

No comments: