Sunday, August 4, 2013

The only constant thing in life is change

Is anyone else freaking out that we’re in the first week of August? I sure am! I’ve enjoyed being lazy VERY much but now I need to start preparing myself for the months ahead of me; in 21 days I’ll be starting school again! I can’t believe that in just 10 short months I’ll be a Registered Nurse (RN)!!! This has been a really big dream/goal I’ve had since before I can remember and I can’t believe that after all the hard work and time I’ve put into this goal, I’m “nearing the top of the mountain”. This may very well be my last year of school…at least for a little while. People say I’m crazy for liking school so much but I have a very curious mind and I love to learn, and so while I’ll have my career goals accomplished, I’ll most likely end up back in school just for fun! I can see myself taking random classes on different cultures and religions with some creative writing and literature courses thrown in.  And hey, maybe I’ll even continue on in health care and become a Nurse Practitioner! The sky is the limit as they say.
                Another exciting yet completely nerve-wracking life event going on in my life right now is my new job as an LPN nurse! I had to quit my job at Pioneer Care Center because once someone steps up the ladder and obtains a license, they can’t work under that license. This means that now that I’m a nurse I can no longer ever be a CNA (nurse’s assistant).  It’s weird to think that I’ve been a CNA for nearly 6 years and now I’ll never have to be one ever again…oh, happy day! Haha don’t get me wrong, I LOVED my residents but all that lifting and such has put a lot of wear and tear on my body, especially my back! But yeah, I was nervous about how I was going to pay my bills without a job but I quickly got a call for an interview at Maxim Health! I was hired on the spot during the interview and am now proud to say that I’m finally a working nurse! I’ll be doing the wellness clinics and giving vaccines all over northern Utah; it’s only seasonal so I’ll only have a job for 4 months but they said that afterwards they would keep me on for their permanent Home Health job if I was still interested. I think this is the perfect first LPN job because they said I can choose my hours (which is perfect because I’ll have school a few days each week) and It will be a pretty simple job.

                I’m happy for my accomplishments but I’m a bit nervous for how much things are changing in my life right now. I learned that the only thing that remains constant in life IS change and so usually I try to embrace it, but sometimes it’s a scary and overwhelming feeling and I have to pause for a big breath or two. However, as most of you already know, I’m always up for a new adventure! I’ll enjoy whatever this life gives me and I’ll “enjoy the journey” while climbing towards my goals and dreams. And once I get to one peak of the mountain I’ll look out at the next highest peak and start climbing that one! 

No comments: