Friday, May 10, 2013

20 days and counting!!!


I’m finally done with my LPN year! It’s been the hardest school of year I’ve ever completed, but I did it; such an amazing feeling! All I need to do now is take the NCLEX exam to get my official LPN license and I’ll officially be a nurse; I’ll continue on in the fall for my RN, and see what happens from there.



Update on Brazil: 20 days and counting til me and Tanica are on our way! Passport? Check. Visa? Check. Plane tickets? Check. Immunizations? Check. For those who don’t know, me and Tanica will be going to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for 4 weeks and will be volunteering through IVHQ. We will be staying in a volunteer house with other volunteers from around the world. We have a bunch of stuff on our to-do list while there: handgliding over Rio, visiting the Christ the Redeemer statue, soaking up the rays on the world-famous beaches, etc etc.





During this time, we will also be going to the Amazon for a few days…we will be staying at the Ariau Towers in Manaus overlooking the Rio Negro. This is a hotel WITHIN the treetops of the rainforest! While there, we will be piranha fishing, meeting with a local Amazonian tribe, swimming with the rare pink dolphin, and hopefully seeing some monkeys and jaguars and anacondas. I wanna see it all!!...except for the jumping dinner-plate-sized spider that can kill with one bite, of course!






ALSO…I was lucky enough to have the chance to apply for a $1,000 travel scholarship. And I actually got it! I can’t thank Jordyn and Colton Lindsay enough for their generosity! They decided to do this because they love to travel as well and they announced the winners on their daughter’s first birthday. When I heard my name I was freaking out!! This is going to help out so much and my trip will be so much more enjoyable now that I don’t have to worry and stress about money issues. Thanks again, Lindsays!!


1 comment:

Megan Gilbert said...

It's so exciting! I wish I could go. Maybe one day!