Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sick and Tired


Well…the stress is finally gettin’ to me people. I’m stressed out and irritable and a bit on edge and so I’m going to complain/vent for a second, if you don’t mind. I’m so TIRED!! My alarm clock has become my worst enemy, while Mountain Dew has become my best friend. My whole body aches. I have stress-induced nightmares most nights and toss and turn all night. I think I’m getting sick, which I just don’t have time for. There seems to be an inverse correlation of my stress levels and concentration in class. I feel like I’m getting closer to an anxiety attack every day. The tests and skills pass-offs and studying and papers are never-ending and the days all seem to blur together….

 “Just do what is due” is the motto that a friend of mine told me to live by this year during school and so up until this point I’ve been doing pretty good with taking things one day at a time… but now I have an overwhelming amount of stuff coming up in the next few weeks and I just can’t seem to relax.  I start clinicals next week and I’m both excited and nervous at the same time.

When I get stressed I like to buy myself things haha…this past week I bought myself a new phone (HTC one s) and a new jacket and a pair of really cute boots. This week I plan on treating myself to mani/pedis and a movie….anyone wanna come with me?? Haha. 

Also…me and my friend Tanica are saving up in hopes of going to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil next summer for a month to volunteer with IVHQ. Something to look forward to once I complete my first year of nursing…ugh, seems so far away though!!!

No comments: